Thursday, February 15, 2007

Week 6

Well, what a week!
Firstly, I should report that Victor has his computer, and this is what I'm currently using, so with any luck, updates should come more frequently, assuming I've got anything interesting to say! (although, that doesn't seem to have stopped many of the bloggers out there!)

Secondly, I am pleased to announce that, much to my surprise and despite the construction work still going on, The Park is open to the public. For the past week or so, we've been playing 3 shows a day to crowds of anywhere between 0 and about 100 people. On the one hand, it is good to finally be doing something, but on the other, that uniform can get awfully uncomfortable by the end of the day!

It is so cheap to do things here in China - a feast at Maccas (the Canadians insist on saying "Maccers" for some reason) will cost about AU$5, and you can get a haircut for $4 (but this takes the best part of an hour, because they'll wash your hair and give you a scalp massage as well, prior to actually cutting it!)

I think that'll about do me this session - it's lunch time, and I'm hungry. To give you all more of an idea of what I'm up against (and to bitch about the food some more!) it'd be nice if the ratio of meat to non-meat animal product (fat, bone, cartilage, skin etc) was reversed! Also, tofu seems to be used here as a meat supplement, rather than a meat substitute - there is meat in the tofu dishes! Bad luck if you're a vegetarian. On the other hand, it is usually quite tasty (relatively speaking, of course).

Ok, see you all next time
Cheers, Captainowie.

1 comment:

Xavier said...

yay! first comment! go me!